Regular daily cleaning helps to keep your home healthy and functional, but a truly clean home requires the occasional deep cleaning. The work you do daily or weekly to straighten out your home likely misses some areas. Taking the time to deep clean will keep your house looking beautiful and ensure any unhealthy dirt, mold, dust, and other debris are removed.
What Is Deep Cleaning?
Some areas of your home don’t need regular cleaning because dirt and grime accumulate more slowly — but they do need to be cleaned eventually. Deep cleaning is a thorough cleaning of your home that gets all those spaces, as well as the areas you do clean regularly, spick-and-span. In addition to looking better, your home will smell and feel better, too.
Deep cleaning should be done two or three times a year to ensure your home is a healthy and safe place for you and your family. Some tasks that are part of deep cleaning include:
- Cleaning window and door frames
- Cleaning behind and under the refrigerator and other appliances
- Dusting all rooms
- Dusting ceiling fans, blinds, and other hard-to-see places
- Scrubbing grout and tiles
- Cleaning and dusting baseboards
- Cleaning the stovetop
- Washing both sides of doors
- Dusting and washing light fixtures
- Dusting vent covers
These tasks take a lot more time than your usual cleaning tasks, but you can plan for one big day of cleaning or tackle a few tasks each day over several days. If your schedule doesn’t allow for that, you can hire a professional cleaning service.
Benefits of Deep Cleaning
Some of the many benefits of deep cleaning include:
- Improving air quality – An unclean home has dust, dander, and pollen that build up over time, and air ducts can continue to circulate these allergens throughout the year. Dust can also get caught in carpets, rugs, and curtains. A home deep cleaning will remove these allergens, reducing the buildup of dust on surfaces and in air ducts. This can especially help those with allergies or asthma.
- Reducing health risks – Bacteria can build up on surfaces over time, and unclean homes can breed mold, mildew, and viruses. While mold can be simple to clean up, you can treat the root of the problem by ensuring a clean home. Mold can cause cold-like symptoms, and bacteria buildup can worsen other health concerns. Deep cleaning is important to keep your family comfortable, safe, and healthy.
- Improving mental health – A clean environment is likely to reflect in your mental state. A home is meant to be a place where you can relax, and if the work needed to clean it stresses you out, that can have adverse effects on your mood. A nice smelling and clean feeling home will also let you feel better in your own space.
- Removing and keeping away pests – Pests can make you feel uncomfortable in your own home, and they tend to multiply in badly cleaned or trash-filled areas. These pests could include mice, cockroaches, termites, and dust mites. Pests can carry diseases and can damage the structure of your house. If not remedied, a few pests could turn into a serious problem that needs an exterminator. A deep clean can rid your home of pests and keep them away longer, as there won’t be dust or smells to attract them to your home.
- Reducing clutter – A home deep cleaning is a great time to declutter and put everything where it should be. It may also be a good time to organize your belongings the way you want, which can lower stressors in your life. Even simple things like refolding blankets and straightening furniture can improve your home.
- Making entertaining more enjoyable – If you’re unable to have guests over because you’re self-conscious of the state of your house, it’s past time to get a deep cleaning. A deep cleaning will not only create a fresh home you can be pleased to show off, but it will make light cleaning for entertaining much quicker.
- Saving you time – If big cleaning tasks are put off, they only get bigger. A deep clean ensures your daily cleaning tasks are less daunting and aren’t as time-consuming. Hiring a service for deep cleaning can further save you time and make maintenance and upkeep easier for longer.
Professional Deep Cleaning Services
If you want your home to feel fresh and clean, hiring a deep cleaning service can help. At Blue Daisy Maids, we provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee for our cleaning services. Contact us today for top-quality cleaning services.